- Sea salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g smoked salmon
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 50g rocket
- 200g spaghetti
1. Fill a large pan with water and add a pinch of salt. Pop the pan on the hob, cover and bring to the boil.
2. Warm 1 tsp olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Tip in the breadcrumbs. Finely grate in the lemon zest and add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 2-3 mins, stirring, till the breadcrumbs are golden and crisp. Tip the toasted breadcrumbs into a bowl and set aside. Give the pan a quick wipe with kitchen paper.
3. Peel and finely chop the shallots. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Chop the smoked salmon into small pieces.
4. Spoon the crème fraîche into a mixing bowl. Finely chop the rocket and add to the bowl. Juice in half the lemon and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well and set aside.
5. The water in the pan should be boiling. Add the spaghetti to the pan and cook for 8-9 mins, till tender with a slight bite.
6. While the spaghetti is cooking, pour 1 tsp olive oil into a large frying pan and warm to a medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic with a little salt and pepper. Fry for 4-5 mins, stirring often, till softened. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and add it to the frying pan along with the crème fraîche a sauce. Add the smoked salmon to the pan and gently toss over a low heat till everything is coated in the sauce and warmed through.
7. Divide the spaghetti and salmon between a couple of plates. Top with the toasted breadcrumbs and serve with wedges of lemon.