- 500g sweet potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg
- 50g breadcrumbs
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 lemon
- 50g peppery salad mix
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Drizzle 1 tbsp oil onto a baking tray. Slide into the oven to warm for 5 mins. While the tray heats up, scrub the sweet potatoes and cut into bite-sized chunks.
2. Remove the baking tray from the oven and tumble the sweet potatoes onto it. Toss them in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drop on the unpeeled garlic cloves. Roast for 15 mins.
3. While the potatoes roast, pop the tomatoes on a separate tray. After 15 mins, slide the tomatoes into the oven on a lower shelf. Roast for another 15 mins till the potatoes are tender and the tomatoes are soft and bursting.
4. While the potatoes roast, sprinkle 1 tbsp of the flour onto a plate and season well with salt and pepper. Break the egg into a shallow bowl and beat it. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto another plate. Finely chop the rosemary leaves and stir through the breadcrumbs.
5. Take a butterflied chicken fillet and dip both sides in the seasoned flour to coat. Then dip it in the beaten egg. Sit the fillet on the rosemary breadcrumbs and turn to coat on both sides. Repeat with the second fillet.
6. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan. When hot, add a breaded chicken fillet. Fry for 3-4 mins on each side till crisp and golden, turning with tongs. Pop on a plate, cover with foil and keep warm at the bottom of the oven. Repeat with the second fillet.
7. When the potatoes have 5 mins left to cook, remove the garlic from the tray. Once it has cooled slightly, squeeze the roasted flesh into a bowl. Add 2 tsp oil and squeeze in the juice from half the lemon. Season and mix. Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad leaves.
8. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and drizzle over the rest of the garlicky dressing. Place each chicken schnitzel on a warm plate. Serve with the roast sweet potatoes, salad and a few wedges of lemon to squeeze.