1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the sweet potato and chop into 2cm chunks. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Quarter the pepper and scoop out the seeds. Place the sweet potato, pepper, half the chickpeas and the garlic cloves on a baking tray. Tumble with 1 tbsp olive oil and some seasoning. Slide into the oven for 30 mins.
2. While the veg roast, finely chop the tomatoes and chilli, removing the chilli seeds for less heat. Zest and juice the lemon. Place a pan on a medium heat. Tip in the walnuts and toast for 3-4 mins till darkened and nutty smelling. Tip into a bowl.
3. Transfer the tomatoes and chilli into the pan and place back on the heat. Cook and stir for 5 mins till the tomatoes have broken down. Add 1 tbsp sugar and stir. Pour in half the lemon juice. Cook for a further 15 mins till it looks thick and syrupy. This is your chilli jam. Turn the heat off and set aside.
4. While the potatoes and chilli jam are cooking, make your flatbreads. Tip the plain flour into a bowl, saving 1 tbsp for later. Add 2 tsp fennel seeds and 1 tsp baking powder with a pinch of salt. Pour
in 2-4 tbsp cold water and mix well till you have a smooth, non-sticky dough. Cover and leave to rest.
5. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and turn the oven off. Transfer half the roast sweet potatoes and the unroasted chickpeas to a food processor. Place the pepper quarters on a small plate. Put the tray with the remaining potato and chickpeas back into the oven to keep warm.
6. Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins. Add the roast garlic to the food processor. Drop in the rosemary leaves, lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Whizz together, trickling in a little water to loosen the mix if necessary. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Peel the blackened skin from the pepper qaurters and thinly slice them.
7. Divide the dough in half. Dust your work surface with the reserved flour. Roll each dough ball into a thin flatbread, approximately the size of a dinner plate. Rub each side with 1 tsp oil. Set a frying or griddle pan on a high heat. Place a flatbread into the pan and cook for 2 mins each side till golden and bubbled. Repeat with the other flatbread.
8. Place a flatbread on each plate. Top each with the sweet potato hummus and spread to cover. Scatter over the roast sweet potatoes, crispy chickpeas and roast pepper slices. Pile on the rocket, sprinkle on the walnuts and finish with dots of the fiery chilli jam.