- 300g sweet bite peppers
- 500g potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 3 vine tomatoes
- 100g Kalamata olives
- 1 chilli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp capers
- 50g rocket
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scatter the whole sweet bite peppers into a large roasting tin. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into bite-sized chunks (no need to peel unless you prefer to). Peel the red onions and cut them into 6-8 wedges each. Add the potatoes and onions to the roasting tin.
2. Drizzle over a little olive oil, add a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Make sure the veg are well spread out. Slide the veg into the oven to roast for 20 mins.
3. Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes into thin wedges and pop them in a bowl. Finely chop the chilli (you can scrape out the white pith if you prefer less heat). Peel and finely chop the garlic. Add the chilli and garlic to the tomatoes. Tip in the olives. Grate in the lemon zest. Toss to mix.
4. When the veg have roasted for 20 mins, remove the tin from the oven. Add the contents of the tomato bowl to the tin. Stir well and return the tin to the oven for another 20 mins, till the potatoes and peppers are tender and lightly browned.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl. Rinse 1 tbsp capers and add them to the lemon juice. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk together to make a dressing.
6. When the veg are cooked, remove from the oven and drizzle over the lemon and caper dressing. Fold through the rocket leaves and serve straight away.