- 500g potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 200g kale
- 1 lemon
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 vine tomatoes
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into bite-sized chunks. Slide the potatoes into a pan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt. Pop the pan on the hob and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 15-20 mins, till tender.
2. Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the red onion and slide it into a large mixing bowl. Strip the kale leaves off their stalks and finely shred them. Add the kale to the onion. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil. Scrunch together with your hands for 1-2 mins. Set aside for 10 mins.
3. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pop the salmon fillets on top. Rub the salmon with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Slide the salmon into the hot oven and roast for 12-15 mins, till the fish is cooked through and flakes easily when pressed with a fork.
4. While the salmon roasts, chop the tomatoes into small chunks. Pick the mint and parsley leaves and finely chop them together.
5. Drain the potatoes and steam dry in the colander for 1 min. Tip the potatoes into the bowl with the kale and onion. Add the tomatoes and herbs and mix well. Divide the veg between a couple of plates, add the salmon fillets and serve.