- 1 golden beetroot
- 2 salmon fillets
- 75g wholewheat couscous
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of dill
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 150g 0% fat Greek style yogurt
- 50g rocket
- 5 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 125ml boiling water
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Trim the leaves off the beetroot and peel it. Coarsely grate it. Tip it into a large bowl. See our tip below for the leaves.
2. Line a baking tray with foil. Rub 1 tsp oil into each salmon fillet and season them with a little salt and pepper. Lay them on the foil, skin side up.
3. Slide the salmon into the oven. Roast for 12-15 mins till opaque. It should flake easily when pressed with a fork.
4. While the salmon roasts, tip the couscous into a heatproof bowl. Cover with 125ml boiling water. Place a plate over the bowl and set aside to soak.
5. Peel and crush or grate the garlic. Add it to the beetroot. Finely chop the dill, discarding any really thick stalks. Add to the beetroot, too.
6. Pour the yogurt into the bowl. Add 1 tbsp of the cider vinegar. Stir the yogurt, vinegar and veg together. Taste and add a little salt and pepper if you think it needs it. This is your beetroot tzatziki.
7. Fluff the couscous with a fork and divide between two warm plates. Toss the rocket with 3 tsp oil and some salt and pepper and heap up on the plate. Lay a salmon fillet on each plate and serve with the beetroot tzatziki.