- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g spinach
- 200g spaghetti
- 45g butter
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Fill and boil your kettle. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pop the salmon fillets on top. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set to one side.
2. Fill a large pan with boiling water and add a good pinch of salt. Pop the pan on the hob to come back to the boil.
3. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the shallots. Peel and finely slice or chop the garlic. Trim any dry ends off the spinach stalks. Rinse the spinach well with cold water, then shake dry and thinly slice the stalks and leaves.
4. Slide the salmon into the hot oven and roast it for 12-15 mins, till cooked through and flaky when pressed with a fork.
5. The water in the pan should be boiling. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8-9 mins, till tender with a slight bite. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it.
6. As soon as the pasta is cooking, set a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add half the butter and swirl it round the pan to melt it. Add the shallots, garlic and spinach, along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally, till the veg have softened.
7. Stir the drained spaghetti into the spinach. Add the remaining butter and juice in the lemon. Stir to mix, then taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
8. Pop the roasted salmon fillets onto a couple of warm plates. Add plenty of buttery spinach spaghetti to each plate and serve.