- A bunch of beetroot
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400g gnocchi
- 1 lemon
- 50g rocket
- 100g feta
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Slice any leaves and stalks off the beetroot. Rinse the beetroot and shake dry. Slice into thin wedges (no need to peel unless you prefer to. When you're preparing beetroot remember it likes to stain things, so use a glass chopping board or one you can wash straight away, and protect your clothes with an apron). Pop the sliced beetroot in a large roasting tin. Peel the red onion and slice into thin wedges. Add to the tin with the beetroot. Pour over 1 tbsp olive oil, season and toss to coat. Slide into the oven to roast for 25-30 mins.
2. Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the garlic. Strip the rosemary leaves from their woody sprigs and finely chop the leaves.
3. When the beetroot is nearly cooked, pour 1 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan or wok and warm to a medium heat. Slide in the garlic and rosemary. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper and fry for 1 min. Stir the roast veg into the pan, along with the gnocchi. Fry for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, till the gnocchi is warmed through. Squeeze in the juice from the lemon and give the pan a stir.
4. Heap the gnocchi and veg onto a couple of plates. Top with a handful of rocket each, and crumble over plenty of feta to serve.