- 500g potatoes
- 1 tsp Cajun spice mix
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- A handful of coriander
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 1 jalapeño chilli
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 mini romaine lettuce
- 2 cod fillets
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and chop into 2cm dice. Scatter into a large roasting tin. Sprinkle over 1 tsp Cajun spice mix and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in 1 tbsp oil and toss everything together to coat evenly. Roast for 30 mins, turning halfway.
2. While the potatoes roast, make the pumpkin seed salsa. Tip the pumpkin seeds into a food processor and add the coriander, leaves and stalks, and the mint leaves. Halve the chilli, scoop out the seeds and pith, roughly chop the chilli and add it to the processor (this week’s chillies are hot, so make sure you scoop out the seeds and pith).
3. Roughly chop the tomatoes and add them to the processor. Grate in the lemon zest and pour in 1 tbsp oil. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper and blend till everything is finely chopped. No food processor? No problem. Simply chop everything as finely as possible and stir together in a bowl. It’ll be chunkier, but still just as good. Set aside.
4. Slice the mini romaine lettuce in half vertically. Set the halves aside.
5. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper onto the cod fillets. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a frying pan and bring to a medium-high heat. Add the cod and fry for 3 mins on each side, till the flesh is pearly white and flakes away easily. Transfer to a baking dish and slide onto the bottom shelf of the oven to keep warm.
6. Add the lettuce halves to the pan and fry for 2 mins on each side, till slightly wilted and golden.
7. Pop the cod on warm plates alongside the cooked lettuce and crispy potatoes. Spoon over the salsa and serve with wedges of lemon for squeezing.