- 150g cornflakes
- 1 tsp Cajun ragin' spices
- 1 large egg
- 30g plain flour
- 500g chicken mince
- Your choice of burger toppings, such as gherkins, mayonnaise, sliced red onion, tomatoes and cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns
- Your favourite side dishes and salads, to serve
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Tip the cornflakes into a shallow bowl and use your hands or the bottom of a rolling pin or jam jar to crush them into crumbs. Add 1 tsp Cajun ragin' spices and stir in. Break the egg into a separate, shallow bowl and add 2 tbsp cold water. Whisk the egg and water together with a fork. Scatter the flour onto a separate bowl. Add a small pinch of salt and pepper to each of the three bowls and stir in.
2. Tip the chicken mince into a large bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix the salt and pepper through the mince, then divide it into 4 equal-sized pieces. Shape each piece of mince into a patty around 1½-2cm thick. Dip a patty into the flour to evenly coat it, then transfer to the egg and turn till the egg sticks to the flour. Finally toss the patty in the cornflakes, till the patty is completely coated. Transfer the patty to a plate or dish and repeat with the other burger patties.
3. Before cooking the burgers, prepare your choice of condiments and toppings. Cook any chips or side dishes.
4. Pour 2-3 tbsp oil into a large frying pan and warm it over a medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the burger patties to the pan. Cook the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, till golden brown and cooked through. Pop the burgers in buns, top with your chosen toppings and serve with your favourite sides.