- 500g sweet potatoes
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli
- 1 lime
- 50g lamb's lettuce
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35-40 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper. Scrub the sweet potatoes and slice them into chips about as big as your little finger. Place them on 1 of the baking trays and drizzle over ½ tbsp olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and toss to mix, then make sure they're well spread out on the tray.
2. Place the chicken breast mini fillets on the other baking tray. Sprinkle over 2 tsp jerk seasoning and rub it into the chicken breast mini fillets.
3. Slide the chicken onto the top shelf of your oven and the sweet potato fries on the middle shelf. Bake for 20 mins, then swap the trays over and bake for another 15-20 mins till the sweet potato fries are tender and a little charred and there's no pink in the chicken when you slice into it.
4. While the chicken and chips cook, make the tomato salad. Quarter the cherry tomatoes and scoop them into a bowl. Peel and finely chop the onion and add it to the tomatoes. Halve the chilli, scoop out the seeds and pith and finely chop it. Add to the bowl.
5. Finely grate in the lime zest and squeeze in the juice from half the lime. Drizzle ½ tbsp olive oil into the bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and stir to mix.
6. When the jerk chicken and sweet potato fries are ready, scoop them onto 2 warm plates and serve with the tomato salad, handfuls of the lamb's lettuce and wedges of the lime for squeezing.