- 1 avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 chilli
- 1 lime
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 50g rocket
- 100g petit chevre goats' cheese
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tortillas*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat your oven to its lowest setting. Halve the avocado and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl, discarding the stone. Roughly crush the avocado with a fork till nearly smooth. Trim the roots and any ragged leaves from the spring onions. Slice the spring onions as thinly as possible and add to the bowl.
2. Dice 1 tomato and add to the avocado. Halve the chilli and scoop out the seeds and white pith. Finely chop the chilli and add to the bowl. Zest and juice the lime into the bowl. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. Taste and add more salt or pepper if necessary. This is your guacamole. Set aside.
3. Pop half the rocket into a large bowl. Thinly slice the other tomato, add to the rocket and set aside.
4. Lay the tortillas out on a clean work surface. Divide the goat’s cheese between the tortillas and spread it out to the edges of each. Scatter over 1 tsp smoked paprika and 2 tsp cumin seeds.
5. Dollop a heaped tablespoon on to 2 of the goat’s cheese-covered tortillas and gently spread to the edges. Top with the remaining rocket. Place the remaining tortilla wraps on top and press down lightly. These are your quesadillas.
6. Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat for 2 mins. When the pan is warm, carefully add 1 quesadilla to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins till the quesadilla is golden brown underneath.
7. Carefully flip the quesadilla over with a spatula or palette knife, or put a large plate over the top of the pan and turn over to flip the quesadilla onto the plate. Slide back into the frying pan, uncooked-side down. Cook for another 2-3 mins till golden brown underneath. Slide onto a plate and keep warm in the oven while you cook the second quesadilla.
8. Repeat with the remaining quesadilla. While the second quesadilla is cooking, drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil into the bowl with the rocket and tomato. Add some salt and pepper and toss. Slice the quesadillas in to quarters and serve with the rocket salad and extra guacamole on the side.