- 2 lemon sole fillets
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers
- 100g olives
- A handful of basil or flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Slice the tomatoes into small pieces and slide into a bowl. Use your hands to lightly crush the olives and remove the pits. Roughly slice the olives and add to the tomatoes.
2. Peel the garlic clove and crush or finely grate. Rinse the capers. Pick the basil or parsley leaves off their stalks and tear them into rough pieces. Stir all three into the tomatoes and olives. Pour in 3 tbsp oil and squeeze in the juice from the lemon. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper and combine well.
3. Preheat your grill to high. Line an oven tray with greaseproof paper. Rub the sole fillets with 1 tbsp oil and a little salt and pepper and arrange onto the tray. When the grill is hot, slide the fish under and cook for 3 mins, till golden and just cooked.
4. Transfer the grilled sole to each plate and spoon over the tomato, caper and olive sauce. Serve with new potatoes, roasted vegetables and chunks of bread.