- 1 aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of oregano, leaves only
- 200g chifferini or penne pasta
- 100g feta
- 50g lamb's lettuce
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Heat your grill to high and line a baking tray or the grill pan with foil.
2. Trim the green top from the aubergine and chop the flesh into cubes around 1cm across. Peel the onion and slice it into wedges around 1cm thick. Arrange the veg on the lined baking tray or grill pan. Drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and season the veg with salt and pepper. Slide under the grill and cook for 15-20 mins, turning everything halfway through. The veg should be lightly charred and tender.
3. While the veg grill, halve the cherry tomatoes. Peel and grate or crush the garlic. Roughly chop the oregano leaves.
4. The water should be boiling by now. Add the pasta to the pan. Simmer for 8 mins till the pasta is tender. Drain it, keeping a spoonful or 2 of the water in the pan. Tip the pasta back into the pan.
5. Add the garlic, tomatoes and oregano to the pasta. Crumble in ¼ of the pack of feta. Season with salt and pepper, set over a low heat and toss together for 5 mins to gently warm through the tomatoes and melt the feta.
6. Tip in the grilled veg. Crumble in another ¼ of the feta pack and add the lamb's lettuce. Toss to mix. Divide the pasta between 2 warm bowls and serve.