- A bundle of purple/white sprouting broccoli
- Half a clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 2cm piece of peeled fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red chilli (de-seeded), finely chopped (more or less, to taste)
- 2 limes
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- A trickle of honey or agave syrup
- 2 generous handfuls of roasted & salted peanuts, lightly crushed
- 1 glug of soy sauce (tamari if you’re gluten free)
Note: you can also apply the dressing and peanut dusting to other veggies, too. Think raw grated carrots or courgettes, a simple melody of salad leaves and more…
1. Steam the broccoli for 2-3 mins, till tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to prevent it from cooking further. Or, if the barbie’s lit, flash it quickly on the grill till nicely cooked.
2. In a pestle and mortar, or on a chopping board with a good knife, mush the chilli, garlic and ginger together till you have a paste. Pop into a bowl with the soy sauce and the zest and juice from the limes. Finely chop half the coriander and add it. Trickle in a little honey to taste, just to balance the zing.
3. Toss the steamed broccoli in the dressing. Scatter the peanuts and remaining coriander over the top. Super warm or cold.