- 250g lamb mince
- ½ tbsp olive, sunflower or coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- A handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 150g white basmati rice
- 400ml coconut milk
1. Put a medium-sized pan on a medium-high heat. Warm for 1 min, then add ½ tbsp oil and the lamb mince. Use a wooden spoon to break up the lamb so it covers the bottom of the pan in an even layer, then fry, stirring often, for 6-8 mins till the lamb is browned all over.
2. While the lamb fries, peel and finely chop the onion. Dice the tomatoes. Halve the red pepper and scoop out the seeds and white pith. Finely chop the pepper. When the lamb is brown, add all the chopped veg to it and stir well. Season with a pinch of salt and fry, stirring often, for 5 mins till the veg are glossy.
3. While the lamb and veg fry, peel and grate the garlic and ginger. Finely chop the coriander stalks, setting the leaves aside for later.
4. Stir the garlic, ginger and coriander stalks into the lamb and veg. Add the 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste. Fry, stirring, for 1 min.
5. Tip in the rice and stir. Pour in the coconut milk. Pop a lid on the pan, bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 10-12 mins till the rice has absorbed the water and become tender.
6. Taste the rice and add a pinch more salt if you think it needs it. Divide the lamb, rice and veg between 2 warm bowls and garnish with the coriander leaves to serve.