- 2 duck legs
- A red chilli, chopped
- A thumb of fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- A splash of soy sauce
- A drizzle of honey
- A few spring onions
- A cucumber
- Some big lettuce leaves
- A jar of hoisin sauce
- Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Fresh lime (optional)
Vegan option: Swap the duck for brown rice noodles. Toss warm, cooked noodles with a glug of hoisin sauce. Pile into leaves with garnishes, as above.
1. Heat the oven to 160°C/gas 4.
2. Pop duck in a roasting dish. Add chilli, ginger, soy sauce and honey. Massage into duck.
3. Roast for 45 mins. Then, crank the oven up to 190°C/gas 6 to help crisp the skin; cook for 15 mins, till duck is crisp, golden and cooked through – test by piercing a fat part of the leg – if the juices run clear, it's done. Rest for 15 mins.
4. Slice onions and cucumbers into wispy wands. Wash your lettuce leaves.
5. Shred the cooled duck. Spoon some sauce over it. Fold through.
6. To eat: pile a mound of saucy duck onto a leaf. Top with cucumber and spring onion. Add extra sauce, coriander and lime, if you like. Take a bite.