- 1 chilli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pork stir-fry strips
- 200g spaghetti
- 200ml crème fraîche
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 50g rocket
1. Fill your kettle and boil it. Put a large pan on a high heat, pour in the water from the kettle (top it up with a little extra water if it’s not quite enough to fill the pan) and add a pinch of salt Pop on a lid – or use a baking tray if you don’t have a lid – and bring to the boil.
2. While the water is coming to a boil, halve the chilli and scoop out the seeds and white pith. Finely chop it. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves. Finely grate the zest from the lemon.
3. Put a large frying pan or wok on a high heat for 2 mins. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and the pork stir-fry strips. Fry, stirring often, for 4-5 mins till browned all over.
4. While the pork cooks, check the water. It should be boiling by now, so add the spaghetti and simmer for 8 mins till the spaghetti is tender but still with a little bite.
5. Add the chilli, garlic and lemon zest to the pork. Squeeze in the juice from half the lemon. Cook and stir for 2 mins till the pan smells fragrant. Turn the heat down to low and add the crème fraîche. Gently warm through for 2-3 mins. Take the pan off the heat. Taste and add a pinch of salt or pepper if you think it needs it.
6. Drain the spaghetti then add it to the creamy pork sauce. Toss to mix. Divide the pork and spaghetti between 2 warm plates. Top each serving with a handful of rocket and serve.