- 1 aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- A handful of rosemary sprigs
- 2 courgettes
- 50g Parmesan
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Trim your aubergine and slice into small chunks. Peel and slice the onion. Halve the pepper. Scoop out the seeds and white bits. Slice into small lengths.
2. Tip the chopped veg into a roasting tin. Add the cherry tomatoes. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Add to the tin.
3. Pour the honey and red wine vinegar into a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together to make the agrodolce sauce.
4. Add the sauce to the veg. Toss to coat everything. Nestle the rosemary sprigs in the tin. Roast for 40 mins till the veg are tender and lightly charred.
5. While the veg roast, trim your courgettes. Use a spiraliser to make thin courgetti. If you don’t have a spiraliser, use a julienne peeler or vegetable peeler to make long thin strands.
6. Grate half the chunk of Parmesan. Put to one side.
7. Warm 2 tsp olive oil in a deep frying pan or wok. Add the courgetti. Cook and stir over a lowish heat for 5 mins till the courgetti is tender and dark green.
8. Heap the courgetti into bowls. Top with the agrodolce roast veg. Sprinkle with Parmesan to serve.