- Pasta (penne works well here)
- Garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- A courgette or two
- A lemon
- Fresh mint leaves (or any soft, green herb like basil, chives or chervil)
- Toasted pinenuts
- A smallish red chilli (or you could use chilli flakes, a splash of Tabasco or even chilli powder)
- Olive oil
- Freshly grated parmesan or a soft crumbly goat's cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Cook up a batch of pasta. Drain. Add a splash of olive oil, garlic, the juice and zest from the lemon. Season with sea salt and a good bit of black pepper.
2. Coarsely grate the courgette into the pasta. Add the chilli punch (finely chopped red chilli or an alternative – this wakes the courgette up a bit). Fold it all through.
3. Pile onto plates. Drizzle a touch more olive oil over the heap. Then, top with the cheese and tart it up with some mint or other herby leaves and toasted pinenuts. Dive in!