- 125g ricotta
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 25g pine nuts
- 2 courgettes
- 400g vine tomatoes
- 400g borlotti beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of mint, leaves only
1. Spoon half the pot of ricotta into a small bowl. Finely grate in the lemon zest and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set to one side.
2. Peel and thinly slice the red onion. Peel and finely grate or crush the garlic. Pop them both in a large bowl. Squeeze over the lemon juice and add a pinch of salt. Scrunch together with your hands for 1-2 mins. Set to one side to pickle.
3. Pop a frying pan on a medium heat and tip in the pine nuts. Toast for 2-4 mins, shaking the pan often, till light golden and nutty smelling. Tip into a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Trim the courgettes, then cut them as thinly as possible lengthways. Pop the frying pan back on the heat (or use a griddle pan if you prefer) for 1-2 mins till hot, then lay a few courgette slices in the dry pan. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side and repeat till you have used all the courgette strips. Pop them on to a plate once they are cooked.
5. Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the bowl with the pickled onions. Drain and rinse the borlotti beans and add those to the bowl. Glug in 1 tbsp olive oil.
6. Finely chop the mint leaves and add to the bowl. Add the courgettes and gently fold everything together to coat in the dressing. Taste and add more salt or pepper if you like.
7. Divide the salad between a couple of plates and top with the ricotta and toasted pine nuts to serve.