- 2 corn on the cobs
- 2 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- 1-2 chillies
- A handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp coconut or rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200ml coconut milk
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10-15 mins
1. Pull the silks off the corn cobs. Slice a slither off the bases so they sit upright. Run a knife down them to slice off the kernels. Set aside.
2. Trim the roots off the spring onions. Finely slice them. Peel and grate the garlic and ginger. Finely chop the chilli(es). Finely chop the coriander stalks.
3. Warm a pan over a medium-low heat for 1 min. Add the oil and spring onions. Season. Cook and stir for 2 mins to just soften them. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli(es) and coriander stalks. Stir in the sweetcorn. Shake the coconut milk in the tin to mix. Add half the can to the pan (freeze the rest in an ice cube tray so you have little hits of coconut milk ready to add to soups, smoothies or curries).
4. Simmer for 5-8 mins to just cook the kernels. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve garnished with the coriander leaves.