- 2 corn on the cobs
- 2 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 chilli
- A handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp coconut or rapeseed oil
- 200ml coconut milk
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10-15 mins
1. Pull the leaves and silks off the corn cobs. Slice a sliver off the bases so they sit upright on your chopping board. Run a knife down them to slice off the sweetcorn kernels. Set aside.
2. Trim the roots and any ragged greens off the spring onions. Finely slice the spring onions. Peel and grate the garlic and ginger. Finely chop the chilli, scooping out the sweeds and white pith if you prefer less heat. Finely chop the coriander stalks (keep the leaves for later).
3. Warm a pan over a medium-low heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and spring onions. Season with a pinch of salt. Cook and stir for 2 mins to just soften the spring onions.
4. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and coriander stalks. Stir in the sweetcorn. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a bubble, then turn the heat down a little and pop a lid on the pan.
5. Simmer for 5-8 mins to cook the kernels so they;re tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve garnished with the coriander leaves.