- 320g chilli con carne
- 6 bake at home finger rolls
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli
- A handful of coriander
- 1 lemon
- 6 hot dogs
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 6 tsp soured cream
- Your choice of sides, such as fries and mini romaine salad
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Remove the sleeve and plastic tray from around the chilli con carne, but leave it in the wooden box. Pop the chilli onto a small baking tray and slide into the oven. Cook for 30 mins, till piping hot all the way through. For the final 15 mins of cooking, pop the finger rolls on a baking tray and bake on a shelf below the chilli.
2. Meanwhile, peel the onion and slice it as thinly as possible. Thinly slice the chilli, removing the seeds and white pith for less heat, if preferred. Finely chop the stalks from the coriander (save the leaves for later). Slide the onion, chilli and coriander stalks into a bowl and season with a pinch of salt. Squeeze over the lemon juice and stir together till everything is coated. Pop the bowl aside to marinate. The lemon juice and salt will lightly pickle the onion.
3. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large frying pan and warm to a medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the hot dogs. Cook for 5-6 mins, turning once or twice, till cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate. Meanwhile, coarsely grate the cheddar.
4. To serve, slice open the baked hot dog buns and add the hot dogs. Spoon over the hot chilli and top with grated cheddar, pickled onions and chillies, dollops of sour cream and coriander leaves. Serve straight away.