- 500g potatoes
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 250g diced chicken breast
- 1 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chilli
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 1 tbsp capers
- 330ml cherry tomato passata
- 150ml boiling water
- 50g baby leaf spinach
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Fill and boil your kettle. Scrub the potatoes, then chop them into bite-size pieces. Line a baking tray or roasting tin with baking paper and spread the potatoes out on it. Drizzle over 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to mix with the oil and seasoning. Roast in the oven for 30-35 mins till golden brown and cooked through.
2. While the potatoes roast, place a deep frying pan or wok on a medium-high heat for 2 mins. Add 1 tsp olive oil and the diced chicken breast. Fry for 2-3 mins, then turn the pieces over and fry for a further 2 mins till golden brown all over.
3. While the chicken fries, halve the pepper and scoop out the seeds and white pith. Roughly chop the pepper. Add the pepper to the chicken. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 mins till the pepper has picked up a little colour and started to soften.
4. While the chicken and pepper fry, peel and grate or crush the garlic. Halve the chilli, scooping out the seeds and pith for less heat, and finely chop it. Pick the rosemary leaves off their woody stalks and roughly chop them. Rinse the capers.
5. Stir the garlic, chilli and most of the rosemary (keep a pinch back for garnishing) into the chicken. Tip in the capers. Cook and stir for 1 min.
6. Pour in the cherry tomato passata. Add 150ml water. Stir to mix, pop a lid on the pan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, till the sauce has thickened.
7. Fork the baby leaf spinach into chicken to wilt it. Taste the sauce and add a pinch of salt and pepper if you think it needs it. Serve the chicken and its sauce with the roast potatoes, garnished with the last of the rosemary leaves.