- 2 sweet potatoes
- 75g quinoa
- 1 lime
- 1 green cabbage
- 3 spring onions
- 1 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- A handful of coriander
- 1 mango
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Peel your sweet potatoes. Cut into cubes around 2-3 cm across. Pop into a roasting tin. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Season well. Shake to coat the potatoes. Roast for 25 mins or till tender and golden.
2. Rinse the quinoa, till the water runs clear. Pour it into a pan. Add a pinch of salt. Pour in enough boiling water to cover the quinoa. Cover. Simmer over a low-medium heat for 20 mins or till the water is absorbed. Grate the zest from your lime. Juice it.
3. Slice the base from your cabbage. Pull off the bigger outer leaves. Toss them in a pan. Cover with boiling water. Let them cook for a min, or till just tender and glossy. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Cut out the woody centre bit from each leaf.
4. Finely shred the rest of your cabbage. Trim your spring onions. Finely slice. When the sweet potato is ready, stir the spring onions, lime zest and 1 tsp of the jerk spice through. Pop back in the oven for 3 mins.
5. Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add the lime juice. Stir the quinoa into the sweet potatoes. Taste. Add more spice if you like it hot. Finely chop the coriander leaves and stalks. Sprinkle the coriander and the shredded cabbage on top of the potatoes.
6. Cut the fat cheeks off the mango. Slice the flesh on the narrower sides of the mango. Slice the flesh off the skin. Chop into small cubes. Add to the blender with jerk spice. Blend till smooth. Taste. Add more spice, if you like. Pour into a small bowl.
7. Fill the cooked cabbage leaves with sweet potato and quinoa filling. Be careful not to over fill them. Fold one side over the filling, start rolling, tucking the mix in as you roll, and folding the other sides of the cabbage leaf in as you go, till you have a little parcel. Dip into the mango sauce as you eat.