- 1 cabbage
- 300g pasta
- 1-2 red chilli
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Parmesan (or substitute for a vegetarian cheese)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Add the pasta to salted boiling water.
2. Shred the cabbage and add to the pan a couple of mins before the pasta is ready. While that's cooking, chop up the chilli and garlic.
3. When the pasta and cabbage are ready, drain and set aside. Pop the pan back on the heat and add a healthy glug of olive oil. Throw in the garlic and chilli and cook for a min.
4. Put the cabbage and pasta back in the pan, season and stir well.
5. This is delicious as is... Experiment though. Let your mind run free: anchovies, bacon, crème fraîche, walnuts...
6. We love it with lots of grated Parmesan.