- Sea salt
- 300g pasta
- 1 cabbage
- 1-2 red chilli
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan (optional)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10-12 mins
1. Put a pan of salted water on to boil. When boiling, add the pasta and cook till tender with a slight bite.
2. While the pasta is simmering, shred the cabbage and add it to the pan a couple of mins before the pasta is ready. While that's cooking, chop the chilli and garlic.
3. When the pasta and cabbage are ready, drain and set them aside. Set the pan back on the heat and drizzle in a glug of olive oil. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 1 min.
4. Tip the cabbage and pasta back into the pan, season and stir.
5. This is delicious as served as is, but we love it with plenty of grated Parmesan – or a vegetarian hard cheese.
6. Extra, extra
Looking for other delicious extras you could stir into your cabbasta? Try anchovies, bacon, crème fraîche or walnuts.