- Sea salt
- 45g butter
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 400g vine tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli
- 200g spaghetti
- Freshly ground pepper
- 50g rocket
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15-17 mins
1. Fill your kettle and boil it, then fill a large pan with hot water from the kettle. Top up the pan, if necessary, and add a pinch of salt. Put on a high heat and bring to the boil.
2. While the water comes to the boil, put half the butter in a deep frying pan or wok and add ½ tbsp olive oil. Place on a medium-high heat for 1-2 mins to melt the butter, then add the chicken. Fry for 5-6 mins, turning once or twice, till the chicken browned all over.
3. While the chicken fries, roughly chop the vine tomatoes. Peel and finely grate or chop the garlic. Halve the chilli, flicking out the seeds and white pith for less heat, and finely chop the chilli.
4. Stir the garlic and chilli into the chicken. Fry, stirring, for 1 min, then add the chopped tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt, pop a lid on the pan (or use a baking tray if you don't have a lid) and simmer for 10 mins. Stir now and then. The tomatoes should break down to form a sauce.
5. The water should be boiling by now. Add the spaghetti and simmer for 8 mins, till the pasta is tender but still has a little bite to it. Scoop a mugful of water out of the pan (mind your fingers, or use a ladle). Drain the spaghetti and set aside.
6. Drop the rest of the butter into the pan with the chicken and stir to melt it. Taste it and add a pinch of salt or pepper if you think it needs it. Add the spaghetti to the pan and toss to mix the pasta with the sauce. If it seems a little dry, add a splash of the pasta water.
7. Divide the buttered chicken and tomato spaghetti between 2 warm plates and top with generous handfuls of rocket to serve.