- 1 egg (optional)
- 2 tbsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 2cm piece of ginger
- 750ml tomato juice
- 200ml tequila blanco
- 2 limes
- A few drops of hot pepper sauce
- 1-2 tsp Worcester sauce
- A few sprigs of coriander
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: nil
1. Start be decorating your glasses with a salt/sugar rim (this is optional). Separate the egg, pour the white into a shallow bowl and discard the egg yolk (add it to omelettes, quiche or custard). Whisk the egg white with a fork to break it up. Put 2 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp sugar into a separate bowl and mix together. Dip the rims of 4 tall glasses into the egg white and then the salt/sugar mix to coat them. Set aside.
2. Roughly chop the cucumber and place in a blender or food processor. Add a splash of water (around 50-100ml). Blitz to make a smooth purée. Set a sieve over a large jug and pour the cucumber purée into it. Press down with a spoon to squeeze out as much juice as possible. Discard the cucumber pulp (if you have a juicer you can just use that to juice the cucumber). Add 2 big handfuls of ice.
3. Peel and grate in the ginger. Pour in the tomato juice and tequila. Squeeze in the juice from 1 lime and the orange. Add a few drops of hot pepper sauce and 1-2 tsp Worcester sauce (as much or as little as you like of both). Use a large spoon to stir everything together for 2 mins.
4. Add a handful of ice to the glasses. Pour the Bloody Maria mix into the 4 glasses. Garnish each glass with a wedge of lime and a few coriander sprigs.