- 2 sweet potatoes
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A handful of coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 salmon fillets
- 50g sweet salad mix
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30-35 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the sweet potatoes and slice them into around eight wedges each. Pop them in a bowl with ¼ tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat in the oil and seasoning.
2. Spread the sweet potatoes out on a baking tray. Roast for 25 mins.
3. Finely chop the coriander leaves and stalks. Peel and crush the garlic. Halve the chilli. Scoop out the seeds and white bits. Finely chop it. Put them all in a small bowl.
4. Add 2 tsp cumin seeds to a dry frying pan and toast over a medium heat for 1-2 mins till they smell aromatic. Tip into a pestle and mortar and crush them, or use a bowl and the bottom of a jam jar. Add to the bowl. Pour in the cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to mix together. This is your mojo verde.
5. When the potatoes have roasted for 25 mins, add the salmon fillets to the tray, skin side down. Roast for 10-15 mins till the salmon is dark pink and the potatoes are a little charred and tender.
6. While the salmon roasts, toss the salad with ¼ tbsp olive oil and some salt and pepper.
7. Serve the salmon with the salad, roast potatoes and mojo verde spooned over the top.