- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 250g baby plum tomatoes
- 200g block of feta
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g fusilli pasta
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- A pinch of sugar
- A handful of basil or oregano leaves
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Tip the cherry tomatoes and baby plum tomatoes into a large ovenproof dish. Drizzle over plenty of olive oil and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Nestle the whole block of feta in the middle of the tomatoes. Drizzle over a little olive oil and crack over a little black pepper. Slide into the oven and bake for 30 mins.
3. While the feta and tomatoes bake, fill a large pan with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Set on a high heat and bring to the boil. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
4. When the feta has baked for 25 mins, check the pan of water and, if it's boiling, add the fusilli. Simmer for 8-10 mins till it's cooked but still has a little bite. Drain and set to one side.
5. After 30 mins, take the feta and tomatoes out of the oven. Use a fork or a masher to crush the feta and tomatoes and muddle them together. Add the chopped garlic with a pinch of chilli flakes, if you're using them, and a pinch of sugar. Stir to mix. Return to the oven and bake for a further 5 mins till the feta and tomatoes have browned and caramelised a little.
6. Take the dish out of the oven. Tip in drained the pasta and toss again. Serve the pasta garnished with a few basil or oregano leaves and drizzled with a little extra olive oil.