- 500g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 small or 1 medium spring onion
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped (dice the other half for garnish)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider or sherry vinegar
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Fresh mint( to garnish)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: Nil
1. Pop all the ingredients into a blender or processor and whizz till smooth. Taste and add a little more salt or pepper if needed.
2. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve for a smooth soup, or leave it chunky.
3. Serve the gazpacho cold with diced cucumber and fresh mint.
4. Serve with toasted pitta breads brushed with olive oil, topped with cumin seeds and a pinch of sea salt.
5. Soup on the go This soup is perfect for picnics (pour it into a flask to keep it cold). It can be made a day or 2 in advance, and just needs a quick shake or stir before serving.