- Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- ½ large or 1 small fennel bulb, diced
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 ltr stock
- 1 mug of pasta or broken spaghetti
- 1 mug of diced cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped, or a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- A bit of Parmesan (optional)
Serve topped with chilli, basil and Parmesan.
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan or pot. Gently sauté the veg, garlic and fennel seeds till nice and soft.
2. Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil. Add the chicken and pasta and cook till the pasta's al dente.
3. Mix everything together.