- 200g Tenderstem® or purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 black garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- A head of sprout tops
- 2 tbsp water
1. Trim the ends from the Tenderstem®. Halve any thicker stems. Trim the sprout tops. Finely shred the leaves, discarding any thick stems.
2. Peel 2 black garlic cloves and mash them till smooth with the back of a knife. Pop in a bowl. Zest and juice the lemon into the bowl. Stir in 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Drain the chickpeas and rinse with cold water. Finely chop the mint leaves.
4. Place a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the Tenderstem®. Cook for 5-6 mins, turning every few mins till the broccoli is lightly charred. Lift out of the pan using tongs, and pop onto a plate.
5. Tip the chickpeas into the pan and toss for 1-2 mins. Add in the sprout tops with 2 tbsp water and cook for 3 mins till the sprout tops have wilted. Add 1 tsp smoked paprika and toss. Pour in half the black garlic dressing and fold through.
6. Spoon the sprout tops and chickpeas onto a couple of plates. Divide the Tenderstem® between the plates. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and finish with chopped mint leaves to serve.