- 2 garlic cloves
- A 200g punnet of Portobello mushrooms
- A 250g pack of wild venison minute steaks
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 500g new potatoes
- 200g French beans
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Peel and crush the garlic. Rinse the mushrooms and pat them dry. Slice them so they’re around 2 cm thick. Chop the venison into bite size pieces.
2. Mix half the garlic with 1 tbsp of the red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil and some salt and pepper. Add the venison and mushrooms. Turn to coat them in the marinade and leave for 15 mins.
3. Scrub the potatoes and cut them into roughly equal-sized pieces. Trim the French beans. Fill a pan with water. Add salt. Cover and bring to the boil.
4. Pick the leaves off the parsley stalks and roughly slice the leaves. Finely grate or pare the zest off the lemon. Juice half the lemon. Heat your grill to high.
5. Thread the venison and mushrooms onto skewers. Pop on a grill pan lined with foil. Cook for about 15 mins till they’re browned, turning them every so often till thoroughly grilled.
6. While the skewers cook, add the potatoes to the pan of boiling water. Simmer for 8 mins till they’re just starting to soften.
7. Add the French beans to the potatoes. Cook, lid off, for around 5 mins till you have soft potatoes and the French beans are just cooked. Drain.
8. Whisk the remaining garlic with the lemon zest and juice, 1 tsp of the caster sugar and seasoning to make a dressing. Toss with the potatoes and beans. Serve with the skewers, topped with the parsley.