- 4 tofu herb grill sausages
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 potato
- 3 spring onions
- 50g sweet salad mix
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Peel the sweet potato and the potato. Chop them into large chunks and place in a pan. Add a pinch of salt, then cover with hot water from the kettle. Pop on the lid. Bring up to a boil, then simmer for 10 mins till the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
2. Meanwhile, cook the tofu sausages. Place a frying pan on a medium heat for 1 min, then drizzle in ½ tbsp olive oil. Add the sausages and fry for 6-8 mins, turning them every couple of mins, till they are golden all over. When the sausages are cooked, take off the heat and cover the pan with a lid or baking tray to keep them warm.
3. Meanwhile, finely grate the zest from the lemon into a large bowl and squeeze in the juice from half the lemon. Add ½ tbsp olive oil and some salt and pepper. Whisk together to make a dressing.
4. Chop the tomatoes into small chunks and add to the dressing. Tip in the salad leaves but leave them so they are sitting on top of the tomatoes – don't mix them in just yet. Set to one side.
5. Trim the roots and any ragged green leaves from the spring onions, then finely slice the spring onions.
6. Drain the potatoes and shake them dry, then tip them back into the pan. Mash till smooth with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Add the spring onions and mix. Pop the lid back on the pan to keep the champ warm.
7. Toss the salad together. Spoon the sweet potato champ on to a couple of warmed plates and top with a couple of sausages each. Serve with the zesty tomato salad on the side.