- 285g sweetcorn (sliced fresh from the cob or tinned, drained)
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g crème fraîche
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- 75g plain white flour
- A good pinch of sea salt
- A little grinding of pepper
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A few glugs of olive or sunflower oil for cooking
1. Gently mix all the ingredients (bar the oil) in a bowl.
2. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add a little oil. Pop a large spoonful or two of the fritter mix into the pan. Cook for 1-2 mins, or till it's golden underneath. Use a wide spatula to carefully flip it. Cook it on the other side for a minute. Keep it on a warm plate while you cook the rest.
3. Repeat till the mix is gone. Incredible with grilled smoky bacon and maple syrup, or with cherry tomatoes and avocado slices.