- 500g sweet potatoes
- 2 red peppers
- A handful of rosemary
- 400g tin of butter beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lemon
- A large handful of flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Place a roasting tin in the oven to heat up.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 3cm chunks. Slice the red peppers into similar-sized chunks, discarding seeds and stems. Toss into the heated roasting tin with 1 tbsp olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 mins.
3. Drain and rinse the butter beans. Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves. Zest the lemon. Strip the rosemary leaves from their stalks and finely chop them. After the sweet potatoes and peppers have roasted for 20 mins, add the drained beans, sliced garlic and chopped rosemary leaves to the tin, then roast for a further 5 mins.
4. Mix 1 tbsp smoked paprika and 2 tsp ground cumin though the roasted veg as soon as you take it out of the oven. Squeeze 1 tbsp juice from the lemon and whisk with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Drizzle over the roasted veg and toss to mix.
5. Finely chop all the parsley leaves. Fold it through the veg. Serve warm or cold.