- 500g new potatoes
- 400g vine tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 400g tin of butterbeans
- 100g cheddar
- A hanful of flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- 80g black olives
- 2 black or green peppers
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 190°C/Gas 6. Drizzle 1 tbsp oil onto a baking tray and slide into the oven to heat. Scrub the potatoes. Chop them into 2cm cubes. Tumble them onto the hot tray. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat in the oil. Roast for 40 mins.
2. While the potatoes roast, halve the peppers and scoop out the seeds. Roughly chop them and the tomatoes. Place in a baking dish in a single layer. Add a pinch of salt. Drop in 1 unpeeled garlic clove. Slide into the oven under the potatoes and bake for 30 mins.
3. Zest and juice the lemon. Peel and grate the remaining garlic clove. Roughly chop the rosemary leaves. Drain and rinse the butter beans.
4. Tip the lemon jucie and zest, garlic, rosemary and butter beans into a food processor with 1 tbsp oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Whizz till smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning. No processor? Toss all the ingredients together for a delicious bean salad.
5. Coarsley grate the cheddar. Roughly chop the parsley leaves.
6. When the potatoes and tomatoes have cooked, remove them from the oven. Squeeze the garlic from its skin. Mash the tomatoes and garlic flesh with the back of a fork. Sprinkle 1 tsp smoked paprika onto the potatoes and toss. Spoon the tomatoes over the potatoes. Sprinkle over the cheese. Slide back into the oven for 5 mins to melt the cheese.
7. Place the spinach into two bowls. Top with spoonfuls of the smoky, cheesey patatas bravas. Sprinkle over the parsley leaves. Spoon the butter bean purée into separate bowls and top with the olives. Serve your tapas.