- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g kale
- 250g padrón peppers
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 1 lemon
- 120g feta
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Drain the chickpeas and rinse them under cold water. Shake dry and set to one side.
2. Peel and slice the red onion into thin wedges. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Strip the kale leaves off their thick cores, then finely shred the leaves.
3. Pour 2 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan or wok and warm to a medium-high heat. Add the red onion and the whole padrón peppers. Season with salt and pepper and fry for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally, till tender and a little charred.
4. Meanwhile, pick the mint leaves off their stems, then shred them. Finely grate the zest from the lemon.
5. Add the chickpeas, kale and garlic to the frying pan. Cook for 2 mins, tossing the veg, till the kale has softened slightly. Squeeze in a little lemon juice and toss through the mint leaves.
6. Divide the warm salad between a couple of plates. Crumble over the feta and serve.