- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g padron peppers
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 1 lemon
- 120g feta
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Drain the chickpeas, rinse them with cold water. Shake dry and set the chickpeas to one side.
2. Peel and slice the red onion into thin wedges. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Strip the kale leaves off their thick cores. Finely shred the leaves.
3. Pour 2 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan or wok and warm to a medium-high heat. Add the red onion and the whole padron peppers. Season with salt and pepper and fry for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally, till tender and a little charred.
4. Meanwhile, pick and shred the mint leaves. Finely zest the lemon.
5. Add the chickpeas, kale and garlic to the frying pan. Cook for 2 mins, till the kale has softened slightly. Squeeze in the lemon juice and toss through the mint leaves.
6. Divide the warm salad between a couple of plates. Crumble over the feta and serve.