- 1 mug of brown rice
- 1 mug of coconut milk
- 1 mug of water
- A block of plain tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/2 mug sesame seeds
- 4 garlic cloves
- A few splashes of olive or sunflower oil
- 1 thumb of ginger, finely chopped
- ½ red or green chilli, finely chopped (use more or less, to taste)
- 1 pak choi or a few handfuls of seasonal greens, roughly chopped
- A bundle of purple sprouting or regular broccoli, trimmed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 or 2 limes, halved
- A handful of fresh basil and/or coriander, roughly chopped
1. Cover the rice with coconut milk and water and gently simmer for 25 mins, or until
the liquid is nearly absorbed. Turn heat off, keep the lid on and let it continue absorbing while you make the stir-fry.
2. Coat the tofu in sesame seeds. Fry in a splash of oil with the garlic, till golden on each side. Dust with sea salt. Set aside.
3. Place a wok over high heat. Add a good splash of oil. Then the ginger and chilli. Add the veg. Stir-fry till just tender. Season. Spritz with lime juice.
4. Dish up the rice and scatter with chilli, sesame seeds and herbs. Serve the veg and tofu alongside.