- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- A little fresh red chilli, finely minced (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- 400g chicken breast fillets (sliced)
Serve with the remaining peanut sauce for dipping.
1. Mix all the ingredients together (minus the chicken). It freezes well, so make it up to a week before, if you like.
2. In a bowl, mix half the peanut dressing with the chicken. Massage in. If you've time, leave it to marinade for up to 24 hrs.
3. Slice the chicken and thread it on to the skewers. Soak bamboo skewers first to stop them from burning.
4. Pre-heat your grill to high, or the oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Cook the chicken on a grill pan for 7 mins on each side, or till nicely coloured on the outside and cooked through.