- 150g white basmati rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml boiling water
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 1 red onion
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 lime
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Rinse the rice with cold water, then tip it into a small pan. Pour in 300ml boiling water and add a pinch of salt. Pop on a lid and bring to the boil, then turn the heat right down and simmer for 8 mins till the rice has absorbed the water and become tender. Take the pan off the heat and let it sit, lid on, for 5 mins to steam and finish cooking the rice. It will stay warm in the pan while you finish the curry.
2. Put a wok or deep frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and the chicken breast mini fillets. Fry for 5-6 mins, turning once or twice, till browned all over.
3. While the chicken fries, peel and roughly chop the red onion. Roughly chop the tomatoes. Trim the ends off the courgette and roughly chop it.
4. Stir the veg into the pan. Add a pinch of salt and fry, stirring often, for 5 mins till the veg are glossy.
5. Add 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste to the pan and stir to mix. Pour in the coconut milk and top up the pan with 200ml hot water from the kettle. Simmer for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally, to mingle the flavours and reduce the sauce a little (but not too much).
6. Fluff the rice with a fork and divide it between 2 plates or bowls. Add a squeeze of lime juice to the chicken curry and add a little more salt if you think it needs it. Ladle the curry over the rice and serve with lime wedges for squeezing.