- 500g new potatoes
- 1 round courgette
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 2 pork leg steaks
- 45g butter
- 50g sweet salad mix
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook 40 mins
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 5. Scrub the potatoes, then use a knife to make small slices 2/3 of the way through each potato, all the way along (evenly spaced, about 1/2cm apart).
2. Tumble the potatoes onto a roasting tin. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and roll around till well coated. Slide into the oven and roast for 35 mins.
3. Trim and finely dice the round courgette. Peel and finely chop the red onion and garlic clove.
4. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a pan and bring to a medium heat. Slide in the garlic, red onion and a little salt and pepper. Fry for 2 mins, stirring occasionally, till softened, then stir in the courgette and 1 tbsp each honey and cider vinegar. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 mins. Shred the mint leaves and stir through. Set aside.
5. Set a heavy frying pan on a medium-high heat. Rub the pork steaks all over with a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tbsp oil. Lay the pork in the pan and fry for 4-5 mins on each side, till well coloured and cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate, loosely cover with foil and rest for 5 mins.
6. When the potatoes have cooked, remove the tin from the oven. Chop the butter into small pieces and dot evenly over. Return to the oven for 5 mins.
7. Slice the pork steaks and fan out onto plates. Spoon over the sweet and sour chutney, and serve with the hasselback potatoes and salad leaves on the side.