- 1 tbsp fresh corn sliced off the cob
- 1 slice of sourdough
- A drizzle of avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- A handful of rocket
- 25g feta
- A couple of pinches of alfalfa sprouts
- A few slices of chilli
1. Place a pan of water on the hob and bring to a bubble.
2. Meanwhile, toast the corn kernels in a dry frying pan for a couple of mins, till a little browned. Set aside.
3. Toast the sourdough slice, and drizzle over a little avocado oil.
4. Crack the egg into a small dish.
5. Pour the vinegar into the pan of bubbling water. Carefully slide the egg out of the dish into the water. Cook for 2 mins for a runny yolk or a little longer for a more set middle.
6. Pop the toast onto a plate. Top it with the rocket, crumble over the feta, add a pinch of alfalfa sprouts and scatter over the toasted corn.
7. Lift the poached egg out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set it on top of the toast.
8. Top the egg with a few more alfalfa sprouts, a few fresh chilli slices and a rich drizzle of avocado oil. Finish with a pinch of sea salt and a crack of black pepper.