Back to the shop
One Pot Sun Dried Tomato & Pine Nut Pasta
A simple pasta supper with bags of flavour from sun dried and cherry tomatoes, sizzled with sweet red onion and peppery rocket and folded through tender gnocchetti shells, served topped with fresh oregano leaves and crunchy toasted pine nuts.
- 1 red onion
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 35g sundried tomatoes
- 25g pine nuts
- 200g gnocchetti or penne pasta
- 50g rocket
- A handful of oregano, leaves only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500ml hot water
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Peel and thinly slice the red onion. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Using kitchen scissors, carefully snip the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Warm a shallow casserole dish or deep frying pan with lid on a medium heat for 2 mins then add the pine nuts. Toast for 2 mins, shaking the pan regularly till golden. Tip out onto a plate.
3. Set the pan back on the heat and pour in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the onion and cherry tomatoes to the pan with a good pinch of salt and cook for 4-5 mins, stirring, till the tomatoes are soft.
4. Pour 500ml hot water from the kettle into the pan and bring back up to a bubble. Add the sun dried tomatoes and the pasta. Immediately clamp on the lid and cook on a medium heat for 12-15 mins till the pasta is al dente (soft with a slight bite). The water will have been absorbed by the pasta and you should have thick sauce.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the rocket. Taste and add more salt or pepper if you think it needs it. Serve in warm bowls topped with torn oregano leaves and the pine nuts.
You'll need to log in to leave a rating & comment