- 500g bunch of carrots
- 750g new potatoes
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 red onions
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- A handful of thyme
- 1 lemon
- 500g diced lamb
- 1 tbsp dukkah
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 150g Greek style yogurt
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a large baking tray or roasting tin (or 2 trays or tins) with baking paper. Trim the leaves off the carrots. Scrub the carrots and tumble them, whole, onto the baking tray. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into bite-size cubes. Add to the carrots. Peel the red onions, cut them into 1cm-thick rounds and add them to the tray.
2. Pull 6-8 large cloves from the garlic bulb (smaller cloves will cook too quickly). Add them to the veg. Pour over ½ tbsp olive oil and add a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss everything together and slide into the oven to roast for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile, pick the rosemary leaves off their stalks. Pick the thyme leaves off any woody stems. If the stems are white and tender, you can leave the leaves on them. Heap the herbs up on your chopping board and roughly chop them together. Scoop the chopped herbs into a mixing bowl, keeping a pinch back for garnishing. Finely grate in the lemon zest. Add the diced lamb and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and turn to coat in the herby oil.
4. Chop the zested lemon into 8 wedges. When the veg have cooked for 30 mins, remove the tray from the oven and turn the veg over. Add the lemon wedges and lamb to the tray and arrange everything so it’s in an even layer. Scatter over 1 tbsp dukkah, return to the oven and roast for 15 mins. The veg should be tender and slightly caramelised, and the lamb should be browned and cooked through.
5. Finely shred the mint leaves. Divide the veg and lamb between 4 warm plates (the garlic cloves will need squeezing out of their skins). Dollop over some yogurt and scatter over the reserved rosemary and thyme, along with the mint. Serve with the roast lemon wedges on the side for squeezing.