- 1 courgette
- 100g French beans
- 1 sweetcorn cob
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400g gnocchi
- 10-20cl soya cream
- A handful of basil, leaves only
1. Trim the courgette, halve it lengthways and then slice it into half-moons around 1cm thick. Trim the woody ends off the French beans and chop the beans into chunks around 1-2cm long. Pull the silks and threads off the sweetcorn cob and slice a sliver off the base so it stands upright on your chopping board. Run your knife down the sides to slice off the kernels. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
2. Put a deep frying pan or wok on a high heat. Add ½ tbsp olive oil and the gnocchi. Fry, stirring often, for 4 mins till the gnocchi has browned a little. Lift out of the pan and set aside on a plate.
3. Drizzle in another ½ tbsp olive oil and add all the chopped veg to the pan, seasoning with salt and pepper. Fry, stirring often, for 5 mins till the veg are tender and a little browned.
4. Stir in the garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 min till the pan smells aromatic. Turn the heat down under the pan to low.
5. Tip the gnocchi back into the pan. Pour in half the carton of soya cream. Gently simmer, stirring often, for 2 mins till the soya cream is warmed through. Tear in a handful of the basil leaves and stir to mix. Taste and add a pinch more salt and pepper if you think it needs it.
6. Divide the creamy gnocchi and veg between 2 warm plates. Garnish with the remaining basil leaves to serve.