- 400g bunched carrots
- 200g French beans
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 minute steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp water
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Cut the tops off the carrots and set aside. Scrub the carrots and slice them into 2cm chunks. Put them in a large roasting tin and toss with ½ tbsp oil and some salt and pepper. Roast for 30 mins till tender.
2. While the carrots roast, put on a pan of water to boil. Trim the beans. When the water is boiling, add the beans and simmer for 2 mins to just cook them a little. Drain and set aside to steam dry in the colander.
3. Peel and thinly slice the onion and shallots. Warm a large frying pan for 1 min. Add ½ tbsp oil, the onion and the shallots. Season with a little salt and pepper and fry over a low heat for 10-15 mins till soft and golden.
4. While the onion cooks, peel and slice the garlic. Add to the frying pan with the French beans, balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp water. Bubble for 1 min, then divide between two warm plates.
5. Put the frying pan back on the heat and turn it up to high. Brush the steaks with ½ tsp oil and season well with salt and pepper. Fry for 1-3 mins on each side, depending on how well done you like your steaks.
6. Set the steaks aside to rest for a couple of minutes. Wash and chop a few of the carrot tops and toss them with the carrots. Serve the steaks with the warm beans and roast carrots.