- 75g quinoa
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 mango
- 2 mini avocadoes
- 1 lime
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- A handful of coriander
- 35g cashews
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Rinse the quinoa. Set a lidded pan over high heat. Add the rinsed quinoa and 2 tsp cumin seeds. Toast for 30 seconds. Lower the heat. Add a pinch of salt and enough water to cover by 1cm. Pop a lid on. Simmer 20 mins or till all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
2. Peel and cut the flesh of the mango into 2cm cubes, discarding the skins and stone. Peel and cut the avocados into similar-sized cubes. Grate over the zest of the lime. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Strip the mint leaves from their stems. Finely chop the mint leaves and all of the coriander (both the leaves and stems).
4. Once the quinoa is cooked and steamed through, fold the mango, avocado, mint and coriander through. Add a good squeeze of lime juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Rinse the quinoa pan or set a separate, clean pan over medium heat and toast the cashews in 1 tsp olive oil till just golden. Season with a pinch of salt and scatter over the salad before serving.