- 12 plums
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 orange
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100g rocket
- 2 balls of mozzarella*
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- ½ chilli
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
*Or use 150g soft goat’s or ewe’s milk cheese for a vegetarian option.
15 mins (prep) | 20 mins (cooking)
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Halve and stone your plums. Arrange in on in an ovenproof dish. Add the balsamic vinegar and two rosemary sprigs. Roast for 15-20 mins or till sticky, sweet and tender.
3. Zest your orange in to a bowl. Mix with 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice and the olive oil. Whisk until fully mixed. Wash your rocket. Toss with the dressing.
4. Arrange the rocket on plates or a big platter. Tear your mozzarella into nuggets. Dot the nuggets of creamy mozzarella and sticky plum halves over the top of the salad.
5. Strip the remaining rosemary from the stalks. Roughly chop. Thinly slice the chilli. Set a frying pan over high heat. Add a drizzle of oil. Fry the rosemary, chilli and fennel seeds with a pinch of salt till just crisp and fragrant.
6. Spoon the mixture and any residual oil over the top. Finish with a little dusting of pepper.